Ghost Towns and Mines

 
 








Little is known about Ames Camp. Presumably, it was named for Roy C. Ames, a miner who located a group of fluorspar claims nearby in 1941. The claims were active until 1951.


Currently there is a small house, a garage/workshop, a cabin, a shed and an outhouse. The main house is very unusual, being two stories, with a concrete ground floor and the second floor almost entirely covered with flat pieces of sheet metal.

The outhouse is also completely covered with sheet metal. The garage/workshop is badly deteriorated and beginning to collapse. There are parts of various old vehicles and equipment scattered around the camp.


Updated August 2016.



Return to Ghost Towns list

 

Ames Camp, NV