Ghost Towns and Mines

 
 


Mining began in this part of the Kawich Range in 1904 and continued off and on until 1929. A small town formed, originally named “Henry” but later the town was renamed “Bellehelen”. There are several mines in the area, most of the them small and lacking significant ruins or structures. All the sites of interest in this area will be posted on this page. They include:


Bellehelen townsite

The Merger Mine

The Ben Hur Mine

The Craig Mine (No photos yet)

The Ajax Mine (No photos yet)



Video!

Click here to see a very short video, looking down into a mine shaft at the upper level of the Merger Mine:


http://youtu.be/SCVX9ag8jbo


Updated June 2016 with photos from 1989.



Return to Ghost Towns list

 

Bellehelen District, NV