Ghost Towns and Mines


Park Canyon was founded in 1865. The town was deserted by 1870. Another mining boom brought the town back to life in 1905; this lasted until 1916.

This is an interesting site with the ruins of a massive stone mill, including the remains of an unusual, stone-lined and covered trench that may have been an aquaduct. Nearby are several small ruins, mostly stone foundations and a couple chimneys. A short distance to the east there is a stone cabin, a large wooden ore bin, and several small mines going up the mountainside.

Posted August 2011.

Return to Ghost Towns list                          

Park Canyon, NV